There a lot of reasons why your sex drive could take a hit. We all have lives and it is understandable that you might not be in the mood for sex every single time. But if you notice that your downtime is becoming more frequent, then these tips will help you boost your libido.
- Sleep: Your body lacks energy when you do not sleep well. Since you need energy for sex, you will find yourself feeling a lot more tired and a lot less 'in the mood' if your sleeping pattern is out of whack. There are many studies that show only sleeping 4 hours versus 8 hours for one night can reduce your total testosterone levels as much as 60% the next morning.
- Eat: It is important to have your proteins and healthy fats early in the day to keep your energy up. Go for proteins like beef, eggs, fish, or poultry along with fats like coconut oil, olive oil and avocado, to name a few. These approved foods will help keep you energized throughout the day and ready for sex.
- Relax: Stress can destroy a man’s libido. When we feel stressed, our sex hormones are affected and produce a dip in testosterone. When testosterone dips it not only decreases our sexual desire, but also the ability to get it up. In order to obtain and sustain an erection you need to be calm.
- Watch sports: Watching your team sweat it out spikes testosterone in men.
- Exercise: Working out is a great way to boost your sex drive because physical activity increases blood flow, which makes sex more pleasurable. Exercise also boosts endorphins, which gives you more energy and makes you feel good.
- Get stimulated: Erotica and porn are great ways to get in the mood. Sexting works, too, for the same reasons. Mentally stimulating yourself with sexual activities will improve your libido. The brain is the most powerful sexual organs.